The DIY Techniques Of Carpet Cleaning
Almost every household has rugs in at least some of the rooms. Despite this, very few people are aware of the right protocols for carpet cleaning in terms of techniques of cleaning, frequency and a lot more. The unclean rugs not just look unsightly and detract from look of the house but they are unhygienic and may be hidden use of a lot of bacteria in the house in Point Cook.
Solutions and tips for carpet cleaning
- Firstly, it should be understood that there’re different kinds of rugs which are used in the houses. Different types of rugs are cotton, woollen, sisal and silk. Every type has its own properties which may cause the rug to be damaged by some solution or immensely enhanced.
For instance, the woollen rugs are damaged easily by alkalis and bleaches and shouldn’t be cleaned in presence of extreme agitation as well as heat. Knowing the type of rug you have as well as its properties of cleaning will help you in taking a better decision regarding the right solution for your rug.
- Then, there’re different types of rugs cleaning solutions. For people who believed that carpet cleaning is a simple and easy task, you may be in a big surprise. While a rug is cleaned it’s got a lot of dirt and dust to be removed which is embedded deeply into the fibres of the rugs. Apart from this, you need to gently clean the rug so as not to cause any damage to it.
- One of the best techniques of cleaning the rugs is hot water extraction. This technique shouldn’t be used on the woollen rugs but it may be quite efficient for other types. This technique is sometimes known as steam-cleaning and includes using heat for suspending the deep embedded dirt and dust particles in the rugs.
- Next, a pressurised cleaning solution is injected in the pile for removing the dust particles. The rugs should be effectively and quickly dried with the help of fans.
- Alternatively, there’s the dry-extraction technique also. This technique involves no-water but some particular detergents which are added to the rugs which attach to dust and dirt particles. Removal of dust and dirt particles is performed by hand held vacuum cleaner that is brushed over the parts of the rugs and helps in removing the dust and dirt.
- So the whole process of carpet cleaning is not difficult. You just need to decide which technique you will be using and which solution you will be using for the same. There are different techniques which may be used but you may not be able to handle all of them. That is why it is very important for you to know the technique which would be suitable for your rugs.
Employing professional cleaners for carpet cleaning in Point Cook is a difficult task and may involve a lot of investment. However, some individuals opt for doing it on their own. You can also try doing it by buying a few tools available in the market in Point Cook.